The Old Country Church was built by the First German Evangelical Lutheran Immanuel Church congregation in 1914 northwest of St. Francis. One custom during those early years was for the men to sit on one side of the church and the women and children on the other with the sermons delivered in German. The building was sold to the South Fork Friends congregation where it was moved to a location northeast of St. Francis. The South Fork community donated the church to the Cheyenne County Historical Society in 1988 and the building was moved to its present location next to the museum. The Church is available for events ranging from weddings, church services, and community events.